Monday, May 17, 2010

HW 57 parenting

Growing up my parents always tried being my best friend, so when i would get in trouble and they would ground me i would never understand why they where so mean and i would throw tantrums asking how they are my friends when they yell at me. As soon as i got older and understood the true meaning of "parent" i realized trying to be your child's friend was all part of the program. Just like acting all gushy and mushy over a 1 yr old baby. I believe after a certain point babies should no longer be treated like a cute puppy, once they start to walk they should be talked to like a normal grown adult so they can catch on to the way adults talk and mature slowly.

Since I'm adopted not only was i raised by my real mom i was also raised by several other caring women, which lead to a whole bunch of other women which soon lead to a mini village of women. I gained a lot of insight from each and every "mother" that i encountered, because of all these different encounters i think if i do end up having children i will be a very good mother. I would change some things though such as the being my child's best friend, i don't want them to get confused of the authority i hold and think its okay to do certain things.

After reading the story about the moms theory backfiring on her i was pretty shocked on how after the mother was trying to give her children freedom, her children just took charge and made the mother seem like the child. i believe that once the mother started to see that the book she read was backfiring on her she should have stopped everything and told her children what to do instead of giving them choices. My mom always tells me i gain freedom i don't just ask for it and get it. So for this mother to proceed with the abuse from her children makes me think she wasn't a natural mother to begin with.

I think some of the 7 baby B's are complete BS and have nothing to do with parenting. Such as breast feeding i don't get how breast feeding helps you ready your babies body language or how it helps you realize cues, i think you can do both of those things by just watching your baby and bonding in different ways. Also "bedding close to baby" sleeping with a baby makes them to dependant on there mother, what happens when they go to there first sleep over? they are not going to be allowed to sleep with there friends mom (i didn't mean that in a sexual manner at all) Parenting should be based of of personal experience and off of how you think you should parent, but also receive advice and input from those close to you who have maybe parented previously.


No comments:

Post a Comment