Monday, May 3, 2010

hw 52

My family have a very big impact on the theories that i believe in and follow. A main theme in my life is family is over everything. As I've matured I've come to learn that although i have friends that are really close to me and almost like family they could never replace my real family. As we grow up some of us distance ourselves from our real family and connect with our friends and build a second family. If i look back on my life i realized when ever i was down even though i talked to my friends about what was bothering me, when i went to a family member they always made me feel better.

Love is a feeling most people don't know how to explain. When its brought up for the first time with a couple its usually a tense conversation. But what if a couple talks about they say they "love" each other but when they are in public he/she denies the other? Is that love? I had an intense conversations with one of my classmates about this and she insisted that her first love is the real thing, but when he is asked about her he denies her and calls her ugly and so on an so forth.

I was always taught that love will come naturally and in time, and when your in love it will feel perfect and nothing will stand in its way. But now that i think about it what if you yourself feel that your in love but there are to many obstacle's standing between you and that person? Does that mean its not meant to be? I've thought long and hard about this love thing and i believe that despite what everyone might think if your in love and there are obstacle's you should fight for what you want.

But enough about this love stuff whats going on with school? Teachers demand respect but what about students shouldn't we demand respect as well? I understand that since there older and "wiser" they deserve our respect but the theory that teachers are always right and elders get automatic respect is not a theory i live by. My parents have been getting after me about respecting teachers since i was in second grade. I personally find no reason to respect somebody who doesn't respect me. Same thing goes to a stranger on the street, when ever somebody bumps me in the street and doesn't say sorry i always wonder what are they thinking. Don't they theories about being courteous? Or do people just not care because your nobody to them. How do they know I'm not the person that's going to save them from a burning building one day. A very big theory i was taught was treat others the way you want to be treated. Yes my family is religious so yes another big theory of mine is that we live life the "right" way we will all go to heaven.

My idea of the right way of living is be courteous to everyone and try to live life with no regrets, just mistakes that you learn from. I don't really know what the whole point in someones life is but i have an idea of what mine is. I believe it's to impact others life's and help them succeed with goals they have. Life is spontaneous so i think theories are pointless and we should just deal with what life throws at us daily and try not to plan the way we react to certain things.










1 comment:

  1. Steph,

    I'm glad we're able to work on a topic you've thought long and hard about.

    It shows - you've got some real thoughtful ideas in here and your contradictions (remember what Emerson said) make sense too.

    The word "respect" gets confusing - there's politeness, caringness, social norms, mutually-careful behavior, and admiration. What do your parents say they mean by "respect the teacher"? Do they mean it the same way you heard it?

    ReplyDelete