Sunday, February 7, 2010

cool art project

Some insights my art might give off is that cool is just pointless trends that are based of of name brand items that are really expensive. I hope when people look at my art they see that even though someone with a lot of name brand items are cool that's not what only makes them. My art shows the stereo types of cool... not necessarily what makes someone cool.

While making this art project i had to download a special program so i could write words over the picture, i then thought of words to put over the picture that would represent some stereo types of cool and concepts of cool. I then added a sentence in the middle of my idea of cool. " In order to feel cool we follow trends" i felt like this tied my ideas up because people who don't follow the newest trends are still cool in there own way. Its not all about the outside appearance, that;s why i added "pointless trends" in between the sneakers. I choose the picture of the two sneakers because there Jordan's and people get recognized for the shoes they wear on there feet and if your seen with a symbol of a flying man on your sneaker then your cooler then a kid with just a Nike check.

I find making art cool and a way to express yourself and ideas. Every ones interpretations are different so being able to express them through art is cool because you never no what you will end up with. Its like a jungle expect anything and everything even exotic things you thought never existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment