Monday, December 14, 2009

Theorizing of cool

I was sitting in class when Andy walked over and caught Leah and I on Facebook. He brought up the point that we feel a sense of loneliness and emptiness so we find other things to distract us and keep us entertained.  I guess i agree with his statement because the way in which we distract ourselves always involve other people or some type of human connection. Such as texting, going on Facebook, using instant messenger or calling someone. I believe all these attempts to distract ourselves are useless attempts of filling empty spaces inside of us because those distractions end up getting played out. I think that boredom plays a role in emptiness because when where bored we feel empty and feel the need to keep going and find something new to do.

When I'm bored i can never seem to find something that will entertain me other then my friends. So I've come to the conclusion that being around people who appreciate you and love you will fill that empty filling inside of you. The companionship of another person really helps fill the empty feeling or loneliness of a person. 

Still needs to be worked on...

No comments:

Post a Comment